July 17, 2016

Formal city

It is the third city I visited. I think every traveler around the world have been there at least once of his life. The reason of such hypothesis is that one of the biggest airports is situated here. I met there people of all nations. Albeit I’d been there only for one day the impression from the city was positive. 

First what I noticed were formal suits. Many men in formal suits with suitcases. Everywhere. As I found out later Frankfurt is the biggest financial center of Europe, transport and logistics hub of Germany.
























The city of contrasts
Here is a native land of euro!




















The city stand out in my mind by its skyscrapers.





I visited one of them. It was Main Tower. The height of this building with antenna-tower is 240 meters. The Main Tower sky deck has opened marvelous views on the city! From the height you were able to see how the ancient building living in harmony with modern and futuristic skyscrapers.





















Despite of my one-day stop-over here I got 2 bus tours, during them I visited such sightseeing attractions as Romerberg (quarter of old town in Frankfurt, which was destroyed almost on 95% during the Second World War)



and Katharinenkirche, the biggest Lutheran Church in the city (the height of it 54 meters).



The building of Hauptwache 

The former guard-house (Hauptwache) with a cafe

At present time the building  situated at the end of the most busy trading streets of the city

The Hauptwache plaza with the Kaufhof department store
Also I saw from bus tour Senckenberg Natural History Museum



Japan Center, home of Club 101. The construction of this building has a protection from earthquake. Our guide told us this information five times. 



Photos of Eschenheimer Turm!





















Also it was my first time when I saw how the movie had been being made.



Actually it was HOT bus tour, very HOT! But guide saved us! =)


After
Before




















Finally I can say that I changed my opinion about Germany. I started my trip with wariness and flew away with a big desire to come back to the country of helpful kind smiling and hard-working people. I came back home and continued my work.

P S  When I arrived to Belarus, I found out the German film which story line was in Frankfurt “The dark side of the moon”. Albeit the questionable story line It gave me an opportunity to reminiscence about the marvelous landscape of formal metropolis.

No comments:

Post a Comment